Careers: Metal Fabricator
Job Description: Metal Fabricator
About Metalcon Inc.
Metalcon have over 20 years experience working in the metal fabrication industry. Our team is like a family and we work together to improve ourselves every day so we can make a difference in the community around us.
We work with miscellaneous metal. This involves stairs and railings as well as structural steel which involves the fabrication of steel beams, columns and girders. We work according to the specifications that are needed for a particular job. We get it done perfectly for our clients.
If you want to work in a highly challenging field with the opportunity to hone, grow and improve your skills then we have just the place for you.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong ability to fabricate off detailed drawing plans, and/or other documents that pertain to the manufacture and erection of steel members, stairs, guardrails and structural steel.
- Strong ability to using welding processes such as GMAW(Mig) and GTAW(Tig) welding.
- Strong ability to work with carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Ability to setup and operate welding equipment (manual or semi-automatic) and metal shaping equipment including but not limited to saws (coldsaw and bandsaw) shear, brake, grinders, notchers. rollers, drill presses and flame torch cutter.
- Ensuring that all tasks are performed in the allotted time provided and in accordance with health and safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Grinding and finishing completed product.
- To provide basic maintenance to welding and forming equipment.
- Ability to operate forklift.
- Responsible to perform quality checks on completed products.
- Able to work in a team environment and under minimum supervision.
- Recognizing any changes in drawings and communicate such changes to project managers and detailers.
- Must be analytical, organized, detail oriented and have an outstanding ability to multitask.
Monday to Thursday: 7-4 and Friday 7-2.
Hourly position. $22-$40/hr based on experience and speed.
How to Apply
if you would like to join our team please email your resume to [email protected] or mail your application to:
1500 Global Drive Unit 2
London, ON N6N 1R3
Who we work with
We work with a range of general contractors and both public and private sector companies in the Southwestern, Ontario area but are eager to expand our reach further.
We service the following sectors:
Quality steel fabrication and installation throughout Ontario
Some of the areas we service are:
- Kitchener, Cambridge, Waterloo
- Greater Toronto Area