Job Description: Project Manager Misc. Metal
About Metalcon Inc.
Metalcon have over 20 years experience working in the metal fabrication industry. Our team is like a family and we work together to improve ourselves every day so we can make a difference in the community around us.
We work with miscellaneous metal. This involves stairs and railings as well as structural steel which involves the fabrication of steel beams, columns and girders. We work according to the specifications that are needed for a particular job. We get it done perfectly for our clients.
If you want to work in a highly challenging field with the opportunity to hone, grow and improve your skills then we have just the place for you.
Metalcon is seeking an individual that will be responsible for project managing. This individual will be responsible for managing several projects from inception to completion. These projects will consist of structural and misc metal. This individual will have prestine organizational and interpersonal skills.
This individual will attend to the general administrative tasks of this department which inlclude but are not limited to the following:
- Provide detailed billing breakdowns.
- Preparation of project schedules, including co-ordination with shop fabrication and erection schedule.
- Co-ordination of approval, shop fab and erection drawings.
- Clear communication skills with engineers, architects and general contractors.
- Monitor and maintain project construction schedule on time and on budget.
- Co-ordination of all CCN’s, CO’s, site instructions. Including detailed quotes and breakdowns.
- Issue monthly progress draw invoices to general contractors.
- Maintain and enforce cost effective shop and erection assembly practices.
- Meet erectors on site to discuss any fit up issues or erection sequences including all misc metal.
- Co-ordinate with erectors/installation forces of all deficiency work.
- Meet with management team twice a month at production meetings to discuss ongoing work on hand
- Prepare material order list
- Continous communication stream with drafting, and shop foreman. Clear communication is key.
- Responsible to recognize any changes and communicate this to project managers and estimators.
- Responsible to do all site measurements
• To be proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, and some experience in design software ex. Autocad, Tekla, SDS.
• To be proficient in reading and interpreting architectural, structural , mechanical drawings and specifications.
• To have expert knowledge of fabrication practices.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. An aptitude for reading and writing technical documentation.
• Must be analytical, organized, detail orientated and outstanding ability to multi task.
Education & Experience
Mininum of 5 years experience in project management in the construction sector.
Monday to Friday 6:30am-4pm.
Salary Position. $70,000-$120,000.00/year based on experience and education.
How to Apply
if you would like to join our team please email your resume to [email protected] or mail your application to:
1500 Global Drive Unit 2
London, ON N6N 1R3
Who we work with
We work with a range of general contractors and both public and private sector companies in the Southwestern, Ontario area but are eager to expand our reach further.
We service the following sectors:
Quality steel fabrication and installation throughout Ontario
Some of the areas we service are:
- Kitchener, Cambridge, Waterloo
- Greater Toronto Area